Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

14 Mar 2007 - The toughest day for me so far...

If you have followed my previous blog, you should have known that Jerlene is very cranky every night from about 9pm till midnight. Last night, she was ultimate. From 9pm, she has been cranky all the way till 7am this morning. Throughout the night, I had to carry and rock her till she's asleep which took about an hour. Then after I put her down, within 15 mins, she will wake up and cry. No choice, I have to carry her again and spent another hour to coax her to sleep. But same thing happened and she woke up within 15 mins. And this cycle went through 4-5 times and I could hardly catch any sleep. Throughout the process, I tried giving her pacifier, sing to her, let her listen to some white noise, feed her, change her diapers etc etc but nothing seems to work. I think I tried everything except bringing her out for a car ride in the middle of the night. What else can I do?

I was on half day leave this afternoon but not to get some rest. We had to bring Jerlene for her 6-in-1 jab. This is her first jab since she was discharged from hospital. She did cry for a few secs after the jab but was ok after that. Have to monitor her temperature now as it is common for baby to have fever after a jab. We took the opportunity to ask our PD how to cure Jerlene's colic problem and she gave us some colic drop which should be able to remove winds from her stomach. So now, two things may happen tonight. The jab may cause her to become more cranky tonight or perhaps the colic drop may make her less cranky tonight. Obviously I hope for the latter. Wish me luck!

No comments: