Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, April 12, 2008

6 Apr 2008 - A Series of Unfortunate Events

Today is by far Jerlene's most unfortunate day with injury, blood and pain. Sounds terrible? This was what happened...

We were on our way towards Causeway Point for our lunch. Jerlene fell asleep in my car and Tracy tried to cut her fingernail as usual. And as I entered the carpark, the car went over a hump and I suddenly heard Jerlene crying. I immediately knew what happened.....Tracy accidently cut Jerlene's thumb. It was quite a deep cut and blood kept flowing out. I quickly parked my car and we went to Guardian Pharmacy to buy some plasters. In the meantime, I tried to press on the wound with a tissue paper trying to stop the bleeding. This was the first incident.

We had our lunch and after a little shopping around, we went home. Jerlene did not want to take her nap in the afternoon although I can see that she was very tired. She kept falling while she walked around the house. I was in the living room when suddenly, I heard a "bump" on the wall coming from the corridor, followed by Jerlene's crying. I quickly rushed to her and realized she had knocked her head against the wall after she fell down. There was a bump on her forehead and we quickly used a boiled egg to rub against it. This was the second incident.

In the evening, we could not bring her down to the pool because it was raining. So I decided to let her play in our bathtub instead. She was having lots of fun and after more than half an hour, I decided to bath her there. Everything went smoothly until I sprayed water on her body to wash away the soap when Jerlene out of sudden shouted loudly. Tracy was beside Jerlene and she said the water was too hot. I quickly turned off the tap and saw Jerlene's back was quite red. She was almost "cooked" by the hot water.

Sigh....what a day for Jerlene. Everytime I see her in pain, my heart felt even more pain. :~(

No comments: