Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Friday, November 21, 2008

16 Nov 2008 - Changi Boardwalk

I've been thinking of where to go today and in my mind, I had two choices. One is to go to Sungei Buloh Wetland and the other is to go to Changi Boardwalk. I looked out from my windows and saw that it's a bit dark in the northern sky. So I decided that we should go east to Changi Boardwalk.
It's not hard to find the place. I parked along the roadside outside Changi Point Chalet. After we stepped out of the car, Jerlene began to show us her excitement. And she even pose for me to take photo of her.
Changi boardwalk hugs the scenic Changi coastline from Changi Beach Club to Changi Sailing Club. On the way to the boardwalk, you will pass many of the area's heritage trees.The boardwalk is made up of four segments:
Sunset Walk for a splendid view of the sunset over Changi Point, amid a backdrop of huge boulders. As Tracy cannot walk too much, we did not visit this segment.
Kelong Walk: a stretch of the boardwalk with kelong stilts built over water, reminiscent of the 'good old kelong days'.

Cliff Walk: located just below the hilltop chalets, allows a walk through lush greenery. Viewing decks along this stretch at vantage points provide panoramic views.
Sailing Point Walk: near the Changi Sailing Club provides open views of the sea.
There is a small beach and Jerlene enjoyed running about.
While we were enjoying the sea breeze, the sky suddenly turned dark. We quickly packed up and returned to our car.

2 comments:

WaveSurfer said...

Sounds like an interesting place to go with our kids. Will take note of the place thanks. ^^

WWF said...

Yah, not bad. Marina Barrage is another good place to bring your kids. Just went there last weekend. Will be posting some photos soon.....