Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Friday, December 26, 2008

23 Dec 2008 - Jerlene still not feeling well

This morning when I woke up, Jerlene was lying beside me and I can feel the heat coming from her body. I immediately decided to take urgent leave and bring her to our PD. We thought the clinic would not be very crowded since it's a working day but we are very wrong. In fact, it was even more crowded than Sat when we usually go. We went to register for Jerlene and the receptionist told us that we may have to wait for 2 hrs or so.

Not choice, we waited. Although Jerlene is a bit "heated", she was still quite active. After waited for about an hour, we brought Jerlene out of the clinic to get a drink and change her diaper. When we went back to the clinic and asked how long more do we have to wait, guess what, they told us we have to wait another 2 hrs. My god, so total we waited for 4 hrs.

We were at the clinic at about 10:15am and by the turn we see the PD, it was about 2pm. The PD checked Jerlene and hear her lungs. Fortunately, her lung was cleared. It seems like she had an infection in her throat. The PD prescribed some medicine for Jerlene and asked us to monitor her over the holidays.

When we reached home, I quickly let Jerlene drink the medicine for fever, phlegm and open airways. Luckily, Jerlene loves medicine very much. Whenever I said "eat medicine", she becomes very excited and pulls me to where I put the medicine. At night, she started to have running nose but her fever seems to have gone down.

Btw, we have just signed up with cordlife to collect and store the cord blood for the baby for 21 years.

No comments: