Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

19 Jan 2009 - Fell down from kitchen cabinet

As the title said, Jerlene fell down from the kitchen cabinet today. I was so shocked when the news reached me in the evening and I immediately rushed off to my MIL place to see how was Jerlene. I was a bit relieve when I saw Jerlene still behaving normally. There is no visible injury and she still seem very cheerful. However, we were worried that she may have internal injury because according to my MIL, her head went down first. So we quickly brought her to KKH but the queue was extremely long. As such, we seek several people's advice and most of the advice is to observe Jerlene for the next 2 days to see if she shows sign of possible injury, such as vomitting, crying for nothing etc.

What puzzled us is how did Jerlene end up on the kitchen cabinet? My MIL cannot provide a logical answer to it and we did not want to pursue further because we also know that she's not feeling too well recently. This is not the first time such accident happened at my MIL place but this time is the worst. We felt that she may not have the ability to look after a child right now. As such, this incident has prompted us on the urgency of putting Jerlene in a childcare centre.

1 comment:

WaveSurfer said...

Wow hope Jerlene is alright now. Sounds like a big fall, judging from the height...
I can imagine how difficult it will be to constantly watch out for the child when he/she has gained mobility.
Anyway, kitchens should be made out of bounds to children; there are just too many dangers in it (knives etc).