Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, January 31, 2009

31 Jan 2009 - Jerlene was in foul mood

Jerlene seems to have waken up from the wrong side of the bed today as her mood was really bad. A little bit not happy, she started to cry and scream. I wanted to bath her but she refused. So we decided to go out for breakfast and bath her when we were back.
After breakfast, we went to visit a few childcare centres near my workplace. One of them is Elfa childcare at Simei Community Club. The place is a bit small but I find it quite conducive. However, I was told that the place is full for the entire 2009. The next one that we went to is YMCA childcare, which is also nearby. It is at a void deck, no air con but the place is quite big. Jerlene does not seem to enjoy both childcare centres, unlike the last time when we brought her to OrangeTree and Learning Vision.

After that, we went to Simei Eastpoint to buy the Appeton Multivitamin Lysine Syrup. We heard that it's recommended by PD for improving appetite and promoting growth in height and weight. Jerlene has slimmed down quite a lot since she started having diarrhea and lost her appetite.

When we reached home, I had to force Jerlene to take her shower. She was screaming and struggling when she saw the water sprinkler. Really not sure what she was scared of. I tried very hard and finally managed to calm her down a bit. I quickly bathed her while she was not struggling and I tried singing to distract her. It took quite a while before she really stopped tearing. It seems to me like she had some bad experience bathing previously.

We went to my auntie's place later to meet up with my relatives as we missed the chance to meet them on day 1 of CNY. After that, we drove over to my sis place to see the lion dance. Before the lion dance troupe came by, Jerlene decided to show us her dance first.
Jerlene was not afraid of the lion as well as the extreme loud noise from the drum and cymbal.
After the lion dance performance, we went to Tracy's relative place for buffet dinner. Jerlene started to show her foul mood there. She did not want anybody else, except me, to carry her. Some of them tried to carry her forcefully but Jerlene kept struggling out and showed her hand to me. Not sure whether it is because she was afraid that I will leave her to someone else and walked away.
On our way home, Jerlene actually asked for milk. Though she did not finish it, it's already a good sign.

2 comments:

WaveSurfer said...

Hmmm, though I have not really experienced it myself before, sounds somewhat like the beginning of the 'Terrible Two' stage for Jerlene? I'm sure with patience and love, she will continue to be the same lovely princess by your side. ^^

WWF said...

Trying my best..... :-)