Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

30 Mar 2009 - Stressful day

Jerlene was having slight fever this morning when we brought her to the childcare. We brought along her medicine and told the teacher to inform us if Jerlene's condition got worse. Both Tracy and me only worked in the morning because we had a gynae appointment in the afternoon.

While we were having lunch, the childcare teacher called me saying that Jerlene was having high fever. We immediately rushed down to pick her and bring her to the clinic. The doctor prescribed her with an antibiotic (claripen) and some flu and cough medicine. Jerlene looked very tired and "stone" at that time.

We then proceed to the gynae clinic which is nearby. The clinic was very crowded as usual. While waiting, Jerlene kept wanting me to carry her. Although my arm and elbow were hurting since few weeks back, I just had to endure. We waited about 40mins for our turn. As usual, our gynae did an ultra scan and the baby's weight was 3.3kg. He is considered quite big considering it is just coming to 37th week. This time round, he also did cervix check and found out that it was already 4-5cm dilated. When Tracy told him that the baby movement had reduced recently, he started to have some concern. So Tracy was put on CTG test. When the result came out not too satisfactory, he advised us to go home pack our bags and prepare to deliver the baby tonight. However, we were not mentally prepared (though our bags were already packed), so we asked whether can deliver the next morning. Somemore I still need to arrange for someone to take care of Jerlene, especially she was not feeling well at that time. He then asked Tracy to do another CTG test to see if the result is the same. Based on the result, he still hope that we can heed his advice.

When we reached home, we were very stress as we were still not sure whether to admit hospital tonight or next morning. While I was trying to get Jerlene drink some water, she suddenly threw out and cried. I quickly carried her to the bathroom and bathed her. After cleaning her up as well as the floor, Tracy got a shock look on her face and said she got bleeding from her cervix. I was shocked too and quite panic at that moment. Seeing the bleeding, I quickly called up the clinic but the gynae had left. The nurse advised me to admit Tracy to hospital immediately. I quickly called up my mom to arrange for her to take care of Jerlene. As we were about to leave home, Jerlene vomitted again. Really stressful......I quickly cleaned her up, changed clothes for her and mopped the floor. Jerlene was quite drowsy due to the flu medicine and very soon, she fell asleep while on the way to my parent's place. After settling her down, I quickly drove to Mt Alvernia hospital and admit Tracy to the delivery suite.

We reached the hospital at about 10pm. When we told the nurses that Tracy was already 5cm dilated, they immediately brought us to the delivery suite. Normally people should feel the pain when 5cm dilated but Tracy did not, just like the last time. Anyway, with the horrified experience of the labour pain when delivering Jerlene 2 years ago, Tracy decided to go for epidural this time round. This was the beginning of my little prince's birth story.....

2215 - Nurse gave Tracy enema to clear bowel while I go settle the hospital admission.
2245 - An experienced anesthetist (Dr SY Chan) came to administer the epidural injection. I was told to stay out from the delivery suite. While waiting outside, I was very worried because I know Tracy all along has the fear for injection. And we all know that epidural is to inject to the spine and must stay very still while the anesthetist is administering it. During her first pregnancy, Tracy did not opt for epidural is all because of this fear. Anyway, I cannot do much so all I can do is to pray for her outside. My heart hurts whenever I heard Tracy's moan. Though I cannot see what was happening, I can imagine the pain that she's suffering.
2300 - Our gynae (Dr Lawrence Ang) came and went in to the delivery suite while I continue to wait outside.
2315 - Dr Ang came out and told me that the epidural was done and I can go in. When I saw Tracy was perspiring, I can imagine what had happened earlier. She told me that Dr Ang had already burst the water bag, just like the last time.
2330 - Tracy started to feel numbness in both her legs.

(To be continued the next day.....)

No comments: