Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, April 4, 2009

1 Apr 2009 - Mommy discharged but little prince got to stay

This morning, we were waiting for Dr Ang to confirm whether Tracy can be discharged. At around 10am, both him and Dr Tan (PD) came. Dr Ang confirmed Tracy was ok and can go home. We were glad to hear that until Dr Tan said our little prince was better to stay back as he got moderately high jaundice level (12.4). Dr Tan said that he would normally advise to discharge baby only if the jaundice level is below 10. As such, we reluctantly agreed to it.

Before we checked out, we took a few pictures with the baby and fed him.
So we went home without the baby but one good thing was we can then rest peacefully. Actually I started to feel a bit of sore throat today. As I've said previously, I must not fall sick now. What I can do now is to drink lots of water.

In the evening, I decided to pick up Jerlene from my mom's place since the little prince was not around. Initially I had a bit of concern as I was afraid that Jerlene may spread the bacteria to her brother. According to my mom, she looked better now, though still got a bit of diarrhea (twice after she came home). The moment Jerlene saw me, she rushed over and hugged me. She must have missed me as much as I missed her.

2 comments:

WaveSurfer said...

Congrats again to both of you! Your little prince looks handsome with thick silky hair! ^^

WWF said...

Thanks, WaveSurfer! :)