Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Thursday, April 9, 2009

4 Apr 2009 - Bathing the prince

This morning is the first time I bath my prince in the tub. It has been more than a year since I last use the tub for Jerlene. Fortunately, I still remember how to bath a newborn. One thing different is that this time round, I'm bathing a prince, not a princess.....you know what I mean......heheh....... Anyway, that did not pose any problem for me, just a matter of getting used to it.
I had earlier bathed Jerlene and when she saw me bathing her 弟弟, she became very curious. It's quite enjoyable to bath your little ones. Try it if you have not and still have the chance.....trust me..... :-)
After bathing the prince in the tub, I quickly wrapped him round with a blanket. The next step is to carefully use an alcohol swab to clean around the "drying" umblical cord, which should detach itself automatically around the 10th day.

As we felt that our prince was still quite "yellowish", we placed him by the windows for the rest of the afternoon.
Jerlene got a new bag from her cousin today. She immediately carry it and walked around the house, like auntie goes shopping. So funny......
Ever since Jerlene recovered from her flu and diarrhea, her appetite returned and kept asking for food, especially BREAD! I really dunno why Jerlene is so addicted to bread, somemore it's just plain white bread with no spread or whatsoever. Sometimes I have to hide the bread from her sight, otherwise the moment she sees it, she will definitely ask for more. Just hope that she will grow well with such appetite.
Below is my little prince's smile after an evening washup.
Before we all go to sleep, Jerlene insisted that I wear the big pink cotton shoes for her 弟弟. After I did it, she just kept laughing......naughty 姐姐.

No comments: