Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

28 Jun 2009 - Lunch and Tea

We had lunch at Noble House today. It was closed for a while when UIC building was being acquired. It has reopened recently and the interior setting still remain the same. Food wise, it's still pretty good. The only unhappy thing for this lunch was that I had a mild argument with the waiter and supervisor. This was what happened. I had a $50 voucher (as a Safra member) with minimum purchase of $100 on ala carte or set menu. We ordered a set lunch for 4 persons from the menu which cost more than $100. When I presented the voucher during billing, the waiter said that the voucher cannot be used because what we ordered was promotional item. I told them there is no where in the menu that states that it is under promotion. In fact, I purposely chose this set lunch menu because there isn't a word promotion on it. After flipping through the menu back and forth a few times, they have no choice but to accept my voucher because my case is stronger, though they were quite reluctant. Who cares.....I know I'm right and if they refused to accept my voucher, I will go up to their management.

After lunch, we went to Raffles Place to meet up with my Xiao Mei (Pauline and Gwen). It has been quite a while since we last met them, and it was the first time they saw Javier. We went for some cakes and coffee and sat at the restaurant for hours to catch up with each other. At the same time, Jerlene was there entertaining everyone.

At about 5pm, we left the place and went to Gwen's new apartment where we had a good view of the city.

No comments: