Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, August 31, 2009

30 Aug 2009 - You call that "smart" or what

Jerlene has started picking up multiple skills very fast recently. Firstly her language skill has improved tremendously over the past few months. I can now have a proper dialogue with her. And her vocabulary is expanding day by day whereby she will surprise me with some new words every other day. Her sentences are more complete now as well.

Secondly, her singing skill is also getting better. Her pitch is almost flawless for a two year old kid. Comparing her with some of the 5-6 years old kids who sometimes go out of tune or are pitchless in those TV singing competition, I personally feel that she can sing better. This is probably one of the area that I will start to groom her. I've failed to pursue my dream in this area and hopefully she can fulfil my dream one day......just thinking......hehe...... :P

Last but not the least, and one of the most important skill in life, is the analytical skill. Jerlene starts to analyse situation before taking certain actions. However I've not sure whether you call that smart or what. For example, she broke a puzzle piece into two pieces few days back and I said she will definitely get scolding from mommy for that. I purposely turned away but still kept my sight on her. Next moment, she looked at me, walked slowly to her bunch of soft toys, and quickly hide the broken puzzle pieces among them. Not just that, when I took it out and asked her who did it, she said "Jie Jie (my maid) made spoil"!

Here is another example. We were having dinner and there was a bowl of little silver fish which Jerlene likes. I poured some into her bowl of rice but she kept wanting more. So I said she had to finish those in her bowl first before I give her more. And you know what she did? She actually used the rice to cover those fish in her bowl and tell me "no more".

Chinese calls this 小聪明 but I hope she will only use it at the appropriate time and appropriate place. :)

No comments: