Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

1 Dec 2009 - She said "STERILIZE"?

As we touched down late last night, I decided to take one more day of leave to stay at home to "recharge". I was actually not feeling too well from morning till afternoon but my two little angels were active as usual. In fact Jerlene was playing the whole day without taking any nap in the afternoon.

In the evening, she was role playing with her Dora doll and wanted to feed Dora using a milk bottle. She suddenly came to me and asked me to wash it. So I pretended to have washed the bottle and passed it back to her. And guess what she said....... "NO, you must S-T-E-R-I-L-I-Z-E first!". I was totally shocked by her saying that. Tracy was in the other room and she also came out to confirm with me if she had heard the same thing. I nodded my head. I would never expect a kid below 3 years old to say such "cheem" word. I think I only knew what sterilize means when I was in secondary school.....maybe I'm slow........ :P

I guess probably kids nowadays are exposed to very different things. I recalled during our Melbourne trip last week, we went to a shopping mall and there was a digital screen showing the mall's directory. When Jerlene saw it, she went over and started using her index finger to touch/drag on the screen. Yes, she thought it was a touchscreen......so funny....... :)

No comments: