Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, January 30, 2010

24 Jan 2010 - Jerlene's 3rd birthday celebration

Tomorrow, Jerlene will be 3 years old. As I'll be on course tomorrow, I decided to celebrate her birthday today. Few days back, I've already ordered cake for her. In fact, the cake was chosen by her. The moment I took out the cake, Jerlene immediately shouted:"Happy Birthday Jerlene!". Ever since I brought back the cake, she has been waiting for this moment.

We laid down the cake on her table and she quickly took out her chair and sat in front of the cake. She started singing the birthday song even before we began singing. We quickly joined in the singing before she finished the whole song by herself.
After the song, she proceeded to blow the candles and cut the cakes. She seemed to be very familiar with the entire "process". That is, first the birthday girl must sit in front of the cake. After that, everybody else will sing the birthday song to her. Then, the birthday girl will blow the candles followed by cutting of the cake. I guessed she must have attended quite a number of birthday celebration in her childcare centre.

Immediately after blowing at the candles, she picked the plastic knife and cut on the cake all by herself. Before I could stop her, she already did it. Fortunately, it's not too bad. At least it was not as messy as I would imagine.



Other than the cakes, I bought some balloons as well and we had some fun playing with the balloons after we ate the cakes.

No comments: