Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, May 31, 2010

29 May 2010 - Singapore Botanical Gardens

Today, we decided to make a trip to Singapore Botanical Gardens (SBG). This is only my 2nd time to SBG and the last time was about 20 years ago. For Jerlene and Javier, this is of course their first. We reached there about noon, so we had our lunch at the cafeteria before visiting the gardens.
The first spot from the garden entrance is a Koi pond. It's always a great feeling watching fishes swimming freely in the water. Jerlene and Javier were very focused on the fishes.



From the Koi pond, we walked deeper into the gardens and saw all sorts of different plants. Whenever I found a great spot for photo taking, I would request Jerlene to be my model. Think she got potential...... :P

Next we came by a sculpture of a woman holding a baby in the air. Jerlene tried to imitate me and started shooting using her own camera.
Next we came by a small wooden bridge over a small stream. I'm surprised to see lots of catfish swimming around the "muddy" stream. Never seen that before.
There is a huge pond, or rather lake, round the corner. At the center, there is a small island of coconut trees. Next to it is a stone sculpture of swans. And there were a few swans (real ones) drifting by the side of the lake.
I thought by now Jerlene would be so tired that she will request me to push her in her stroller. However instead, she still got energy to push the stroller herself with her baby in it. Kids really have unlimited energy.......
I believe we have only covered a small part of the entire gardens. However, we were all very tired and decided to turn back. The weather is extremely hot.

1 comment:

Nomad said...

seeing that swan lake.....omg...brings back memories! At least Jerlene didnt attempt to catch the swans in the pond like I did when I was in SBG at her age...and all i did was a soaking wet body with an angry terrified mum to boot:)