Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, August 30, 2010

30 Aug 2010 - MC extended 2 more days

I called back my company's doctor today and was advised to go to a nearby GP for a review. I still had ulcers in my mouth though the blisters on my palm and feet are dried up. When the doctor saw my condition, immediately he wanted to give me another 3 days MC. However, after I asked him is it true that as long as I got ulcers, I am not allowed to go back to work. He pondered a moment and said actually for adults, as long as we felt comfortable, it should be ok to work. As long as I do not share food with anybody, it should be fine. HFMD is transmitted mainly through saliva.

So I requested to reduce my MC by one day and be back in office on Wed. My only concern is that my colleague may try to avoid me. So the doctor advised me to explain it to my colleagues......but i think it's difficult because everybody will always want to play safe, especially those with kids at home. But what can I do? I dun think my ulcers will fully healed by then. Work from home? Unless my boss agrees........well let's see how then.

Btw, Jerlene went back to her childcare centre today. :-)

No comments: