Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, March 19, 2012

10 Mar 2012 - Port Dickson Day 1: Go Kart at Extreme Park

Our first activity in Port Dickson was Go Karting at Extreme Park. It's a short drive from the resort and it's a great day to play Go Kart......not raining and not too sunny. There were 4 groups before us so we had to wait for a little while.
Among the group, I am the only one with no Go Kart experience. The closest I got was playing Mario Kart on Wii. After watching the others going round the track, I started to get a little nervous as there were a few collision and skidding. There was also one funny incident whereby a guy had his car overturned, and the next moment, he was holding a steering wheel, detached from the car, in his hand. We all had a good laugh.........
Soon it was our turn and we were all set. Before the actual race, we all got to go one round the track to get familiar. And guess what, during that round, I realized that I cannot completely stop my car. When everyone had lined up nicely on the starting lane, I could not stop my car and zoom past them.......haha....... I heard people shouting "STOP" but I just couldn't. So I got one more free round while the rest wait for me at the starting point. As I was approaching the group this time, I managed to slow down but again, I could not completely stop and "bang", I knocked into the car in front of me.....sigh...... And everybody laughed....... After consulting those experienced Go Kart drivers, I finally realized my mistakes. When the brake doesn't work, I should not try to press on it even harder, which was what I did initially. What I should do is to completely release the brake and then step on it again. Now I got it but it was a bit late.....sigh..... However, it was fun and I will probably try it again next time.

No comments: