Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, July 30, 2012

24 Jul 2012 - Hyperthyroidism

Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which the thyroid gland makes too much thyroid hormone. The condition is often referred to as an "overactive thyroid."  The reason why I talked about this is that.....sad to say, I was diagnosed with this condition today.

Actually I had shown some symptoms, such as fatigues, heat intolerance, weight loss, hand tremor, pounding and rapid pulse, over the past few weeks.  Initially I thought it's because I was lack of rest.  However, this morning, I felt that my heart was beating really fast and thought something was not right.  So I went to my company doctor and after she felt my pulse, immediately she requested me to go to A&E department in a nearby hospital for a more detailed check.  The blood test results had confirmed that my condition is hyperthyroidism.  I was given six weeks of medication and rest for the next few days.

After I went home, I did a lot of research of hyperthyroidism and there is lots of information on the net.  Here is one if you are interested.

Hopefully the medicine does help in my condition.  We shall see in a few weeks time.

No comments: