Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

22 Oct 2012 - Day 4: Kalbarri Lookouts

The sky was very gloomy throughout the drive from Geraldton to Kalbarri.  It was raining at a stage whereby I had to slow down significantly.
Along the way, we saw a lot of trees leaning to one side.  From what I read from the internet, the reason for such sights is due to the persistent wind blowing in one direction.
We reached Kalbarri at around 4pm.  As it was still drizzling, we decided to check in to our accommodation (Kalbarri Palm Resort) first.
After taking a short rest in our room, it stopped raining.  As such, we decided to go to several nearby lookouts for some magnificent views of cliff and ocean.  The first lookout where we went is called the Eagle Gorge.  It was pretty windy but the view was superb!
 Jerlene cannot wait to pose for me and she dragged his brother along in the end.
Our next stop was Pot Alley Lookout.  Then followed by Rainbow Valley, Mushroom Rock and Red Bluff.
At about 6pm, the kids seemed to be very tired.  So I drove them back to the resort and after which, I came out alone to have a sunset view.  Unfortunately, the sun set behind the curtain of clouds....sigh.......
Before returning to the resort, I passed by the Kalbarri War Memorial, where I met a local Australian and had a short chat with him.

No comments: