Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

24 Oct 2012 - Day 6: Denham and Ocean Park

Monkey Mia is the turning point of our trip.  What I meant is that Monkey Mia is the furthest we went for this trip.  From today onward, we will be turning back and driving towards Perth city.  As I had a long drive yesterday, I planned to stay around Shark Bay region today.  From Monkey Mia, we drove to Denham, which is just 20 mins away.  The moment we went on the highway, we saw a few little black dots on the road in a distance.  As we got closer, we realized they were Emus crossing the road.  Jerlene was so afraid that I will knock them down and kept asking to STOP!
Then we passed by Little Lagoon before reaching Denham.
Denham is the nearest town to Monkey Mia.  It's a small and quiet town by the coast.
After we checked in to our accommodation at Oceanside Village, we went to a nearby cafe for lunch.  Across the road, Jerlene and Javier saw a playground.  I know what they were thinking but told them that I will bring them there after we visit the Ocean Park.
Ocean Park is about 20mins drive from Denham.  It is an eco-friendly and interactive aquarium that is located on the pristine shores of the Shark Bay World Heritage Marine Park.
Shark Bay World Heritage Marine Park is renowned for its incredible diversity and is home to sea turtles, dolphins, whales, dugongs, a variety of small marine life and sea grasses.
The main highlight of Ocean Park is the Shark Feeding session.  This is our first time coming so close to sharks.  There were quite a number of lemon sharks swimming around but the "boss" in the shark pool was a tiger shark.
Ocean Park is a pretty small place and we complete it within an hour.  Jerlene and Javier kept saying they were tired and wanted to go back to our room.  However, I knew that their main intention was to go back to the playground.
As promised, I drove back to the playground and they had so much fun there.

We spent more than an hour in the playground.  When we went back to our accommodation, Jerlene and Javier continued to have picnic in the living room.
Just outside of our room, I was able to have a very nice view of the sunset.  It was very windy.  I tried to take a video of the sunset but I just could not keep my hand still.  Fortunately, I managed to get a few nice shots.

No comments: