Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, August 31, 2013

11 Aug 2013 - All about PLANTS

This semester, the childcare centre's curriculum is All about Plants.  No wonder Jerlene started to recognize many different types of flowers every time we were outside.  At home she also started to draw the different types flowers.  When I ask her to list down all the flowers that she knows, I am surprised that the list is pretty long:  Rose, Morning Glory, Sunflower, Ixora, Bougainvillea, Tulips, Daffodil, Daisy, Chrysanthemum, Water Lily, Water Lotus, Hibiscus etc etc.  Some of them I never even heard of....for eg. Lily of the Valley and Snowdrops.  Initially I thought maybe she only knows the names.  So I started asking her what's their characteristics such as colors and shapes and she actually got all of them correct.  I had to search on the internet to verify what she said.

Since she's interested with plants now, I decided to let her experience planting green beans at home.  Within a day, the roots of the green beans started appearing.  She diligently watered the beans whenever she felt the cotton wool started to turn dry.  Let's see if the beans are able to grow.

No comments: