Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, March 31, 2014

19 Mar 2014 - Children's Grand Park

After our lunch, we took line 2 subway from Sindorim station down one station and transfer to line 7 which brought us all the way to Children's Grand Park station.  So yes, our next destination is Children's Grand Park.  The moment we stepped out of the train, we starting seeing cute posters, paintings etc all around the station.  Jerlene and Javier getting excited after seeing these wall paper.
Situated in Seoul City’s Gwangjin-gu, Children’s Grand Park covers 530,000 square meters and is an ultimate leisure facility for families, offering a zoo, botanical garden, amusement facilities, and diverse performance events.  This is the main entrance to the park.  By the way, admission is free.
Once we entered the park, we were greeted by sculptures of Snow White and the Seven Little Dwarves.
We then walked through an area with structures of ancient Korea.
To me, these are the scenes that appeared in those Korean drama such as Dae Jang Geum (大長今). 
Next we came to a huge playground and my two little angels went wild.
We spent quite sometimes here before moving on to the next area of the park.
There is supposed to be a zoo within this park but it was closed during this period due to prevention of AI, which I believe means Avian Influenza.
Fortunately, the Marine Animal House is still opened and it showcases Polar Bears and various species of Seals.
Next, we proceed to the Botanical Gardens, which exhibits 5,000+ plants, representing 400+ species.

I especially like this Japanese style garden.
From the Botanical Garden, we slowly walked back to the park entrance.  On our way, we stopped by the playground AGAIN and you know I had no choice.........  I then told them I'm going to bring them to another children's attraction before they reluctantly left the playground.
I am not lying to them, I am really going to bring them to somewhere that they will enjoy.  Stay tuned to my next post.  :-)

No comments: