Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, May 31, 2014

5 May 2014 - Spelling Bee

Jerlene received a sticker gift from school for being a Spelling Bee.  Her form teacher awards this "title" to students who managed to get full marks for 5 consecutive spelling tests.  So far, Jerlene had done well in her spelling and I did not even have to coach her.  Every time when I asked her about her spelling test, she will reply:"I know already!".  It seems like the teacher in her student care will revise the spelling with them prior to the test.
Actually, not only for her spelling test, Jerlene did quite well for her weekly 听写 as well.  At the moment, 听写 only expects students to write in 汉语拼音.  However, if a student can write in both 汉语拼音 and actual chinese characters, he/she will be awarded bonus points.  In order to earn those bonus points, Jerlene spent extra effort to learn the actual chinese characters.  So far, she has been getting all those bonuses.  I did not demand such results from her but she seems to have her own pride for doing well.

Jerlene, I am so proud of you but I hope you do not get too stressed up in your schoolwork.  As I've always said, just do your best.  Well done!

No comments: