Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

15 Jul 2014 - Flower that I don't know but Javier knows

This semester, the theme in Javier's childcare is Plants and Flowers.  He started boasting to me that he knows a lot of flowers already.  So I decided to test him by describing a flower and he will guess what it is.  By the way, we used to play such guessing game while travelling in the car.  Sometimes we guess fruits, sometimes we guess places, occupation, cartoon characters etc.......

So back to guessing flowers.  The moment I told him the colour of the flowers, he started guessing and within 3 tries, he will get it correct.  The following are the flowers that he knows:  Daisy, Hibiscus, Rose, Tulip, Chrysanthemum, Orchid, Ixora, Sunflower, Water Lily, Lily, Daffodils and Carnation.

Next moment Javier said he knows one more flower.  So I asked Javier to describe and let me guess.

Javier:"It has different colours."
Daddy:"Ok, more clues."
Javier:"It has a lion's face."
Daddy started to think very hard for a flower with a lion's face.
Javier:"It also looks like an angry face."
Daddy think until headache but still got no clue....
Javier:"The flower got angry face so that it can scare away the bird."
Daddy:"Ok I give up. What it is?"
Javier:"It's Pansy!"
Daddy:"What?!? Penny? Panty?"
Javier:"NO, it's PANSY!"

I've never heard of such a flower.  Not sure whether I can trust whatever Javier said, I went to "google" it when I reached home.  Below is the result of my search:


There is really such a flower called Pansy and it does have an angry face.  Javier, you win this time!

No comments: