Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Friday, October 31, 2014

12 Oct 2014 - New pets for my angels

Jerlene and Javier have been asking to have pets recently and so I decided to buy them terrapins, which should be easy to maintain.  Initially, they did not know what's a terrapin.  When they saw it, one said it's a turtle and the other said it's a tortoise.  Do you know what's the difference?  I've found several explanation but the easiest way to differentiate them is to look at their habitat. If it lives in salt water (is an oceanic animal), then it is a turtle. If it lives in fresh or brackish water, it is a terrapin. If it lives on land, it is a tortoise.
On our way back from the pet shop, I asked Jerlene and Javier to name their pets.  Jerlene named hers (the one with lighter color shell) "Rosie" while Javier named his "Ninja".  What a name!   Haha.......

No comments: