Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, February 26, 2007

Jerlene's Full Month - 24 Feb 2007



Today, we celebrated Jerlene's Full Month, and coincidentally, today is also everybody's birthday according to the Chinese calendar (7th day of Lunar Chinese New Year). At about 8:30am, 40 boxes of Full Month cakes were delivered to my place. It comes with a stack of Thank You cards with Jerlene's photo on it.
As we have quite a few places to go today with Jerlene, we spent quite a bit of time to pack Jerlene's stuff. We set out at about 11am and first destination is my auntie's place at Yishun. It's a quick one because all I need to do is to pass her the full month cakes plus two mandarin oranges for the new year. Jerlene and my wife were waiting in the car.


Next destination is my parent's place. My parent has bought Jerlene a full month necklace. We had lunch there and after which, we headed to my cousin's place at Bedok. We stayed there for a while before heading to my grandma's place at Serangoon Garden. All my aunties are there since morning, waiting to see Jerlene. We had "Lou Hei" there also.


Then at about 5pm, we got to go home to catch some rest, especially for Jerlene, before we headed out to Shangrila Hotel for my colleagues (Ronald) wedding dinner. I was carrying Jerlene when I stepped into the ballroom and immediately, I found myself surrounded by all my colleagues. They are all very excited to see Jerlene. I think Jerlene may have created a record to be the youngest guest to a wedding dinner. Not many parents will even think of bringing their newborn out of their house. Anyway, Jerlene had been behaving quite well till about half way through when she started to throw tantrum. I think it's because the ballroom is quite cold which caused Jerlene to feel uncomfortable. I told Ronald that I had to leave and we quickly took a picture with the bride and groom. On our way home, Jerlene is still crying and I had to stop somewhere to feed her. Reached home at about 11:30pm.

I think Jerlene is too overwhelmed today. I believe she'll definitely sleep very well tonight.

No comments: