Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, August 18, 2007

9 Aug 2007 - National Day

Today is Jerlene's first national day but sad thing is Tracy had to go to work. I have to take care of Jerlene all by myself today but that's not a problem at all. As usual, I feed, bath, coax her to sleep in the morning and I decided to bring her to my parent's place in the afternoon. She seems to enjoy playing in her princess castle now. However, she's still not quite used to the somewhat hard surface of the foam mat. Guess she'll still need a bit of time to get used to it.Jerlene can now sit much more steadily. In the past few weeks, she needs her hand to support her body in sitting position. Now, she can sit up straight with her hand off the ground. Next time we go restaurant can put in baby chair liao. Jerlene and I reached my parent's place at about 4pm. It has been two weeks since my parents last saw Jerlene. And today, it was my dad's first time to carry Jerlene, although just for a short while. Jerlene was quite eager to show off what new tricks she had learned in the past two weeks. And sure enough, she got all her praises. One thing that surprise most people is that she managed to crawl a bit. Heard lots of feedback that babies usually can only start crawling after 7 -8months old, some even after 1 year old. And Jerlene started crawling in 6 months plus is considered a great achievement.

During dinner time, my father, sister, brother-in-law and their maids wanted to carry Jerlene so that I can have my dinner. However, Jerlene started to have this so call "Parent's Anxiety". Whenever a person carries her and she sees me, she immediately realized that she was being carried by someone else. She will first start frowning and if I still never carry her, she will start crying, which was what happened. No matter who carried her today, she will cry after seeing me. I can't bear to see her cry anymore so I have to take her back to calm her down.

Jerlene and I left my parent's place at about 9pm. She was sleeping the entire journey. Guess she was too tired after all the crying.....

No comments: