Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

29 Mar 2010 - So sad, Javier got IT!

Sigh......even though we have tried our best to separate Javier from Jerlene the moment we suspected Jerlene had HFMD, it's probably still too late. Before going to work today, I got a call from my mom saying that Javier is now having fever (about 38 degree). When I heard that, first thing that came to my mind was, Javier probably got IT! True enough, when we were at the clinic with the doctor, we saw red spots in Javier's mouth, similar symptom as Jerlene last week.

When Jerlene got it last week, I have read a lot about HFMD and understand that the common incubation period (the time between infection and onset of symptoms) is from three to seven days. As such, very likely Javier had been infected by Jerlene before we separated them, which was three days ago. Now that both of them were "down", there is no need for "separation" anymore. So I've brought Javier back home with us.

In the afternoon, Javier's appetite started to fall. He refused to eat porridge, and even for milk, he only managed half of his normal quantity. Every now and then, he will start crying and we tried so hard to distract him. Javier, be brave! We know that you are in pain but daddy and mommy will always be by your side. Get well soon!

No comments: