Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Friday, February 27, 2015

20 Feb 2015 - A visit to Chinatown

Javier was supposed to have an excursion to Chinatown few weeks back but it was cancelled at the very last minute.  Since then, he had been asking me to bring him there.  When Jerlene heard that, she too said that she wanted to visit Chinatown.  Since we do not have any visiting to do today, I decided to bring my whole family to Chinatown.  Jerlene and Javier were very excited.

I parked my car at Chinatown Point and we walked by the underpass all the way to Pagoda Street.  We started exploring the area where shop houses were on both sides of the street.
We went into one shop that sells many CNY accessories.  Jerlene and Javier started choosing what they like when I told them that they can each get one item from this shop.
Further down the street, we came to a TinTin shop.  I knew this comic character since I was at Jerlene's current age.  And she and Javier knew this character from the TinTin movie which was screened about 3 years ago.  This shop is meant for real TinTin collectors as one tiny little figurine costs few hundreds dollars.
Pagoda Street is not a very long street and soon, we reached the other end.
The weather was extremely hot today and by now, we were all very exhausted.
We decided to turn back and find some place to escape from the heat.  Before returning to Chinatown Point, we went up a very wide bridge that spans across Eu Tong Sen Road.  Nice decoration along the road.
By now, my two little angels had totally used up all their energy.  This does not happen when we were overseas when the weather is cooling.  We love Singapore very much. except for its weather.

No comments: