Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Thursday, March 8, 2007

Jerlene finally slept throught the night in her cot - 8 Mar 2007

For the very first time, Jerlene managed to sleep through the night for 7 hours straight in her own cot! It is an achievement because she had been refusing to sleep in her cot for the past few weeks. However one change that we did is to place a long chair pad on top of her mattress. Perhaps that to her is softer and therefore she feels more comfortable sleeping on it.

Some of you may envy me that Jerlene managed to sleep through the night from week 6 onwards. Here are my tips but not sure whether it will work for you. No harm trying right?

1) Must let the baby differentiate between day and night. How I did it is during the day, avoid letting the baby sleep in a dark room. Let sunlight comes through the windows. Also, use fan instead of aircon during the day. At night, switch off the light (dim yellow light is ok too). Turn on aircon. With the dim lighting and cool temperature, very soon your baby should know when is day and night.

2) For this second tip, if you decided to let your baby goes on full breastfeeding, then it will not be applicable. What I realized is that when a baby is on breastfeeding, he/she tends to get hungry much faster as compared to one who drink formula milk. What I did is for the feed just before Jerlene sleeps (usually around 10-11pm), I will give her formula milk. That will last her much longer and no need for a feed in the middle of the night.

Above are what I did and hopefully , it works for you too. :)

No comments: