Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, March 19, 2007

19 Mar 2007 - Show some temper

When you look at the title, you must be thinking of Jerlene throwing tantrum again...... But this time is not. This entry has nothing to do with Jerlene (or maybe indirectly). As I do not have my own blog, I had to borrow my princess space temporary.

Over the years, Tracy and her mum (my MIL) has been arguing a lot, especially after Tracy got pregnant and my MIL moved into our place. Everytime when they argue, I just try to stay away but i was actually quite stress. Both of them are like Ba Zi Bu He ("Eight words no match" in Chinese). I've discussed this problem with Tracy many times and I advised her that maybe if she can be more tolerant, situation may turn better. She did try and it seems to work but not for long. So many times I have to keep reminding her about keeping her cool and ignore her mum's comments which she doesn't like. After so many years, it had been failing again and again. One things I observed is that whenever they are on the same side commenting on something or somebody, they can be very united. And when they are on different side or having different opinion, the relationship will break down. I believe they both care for each other very much but sometimes they just dunno how to express themselves and their character really conflict.

So this morning, I decided to be a bad guy. What I did was, I shouted back at my MIL for something minor that she did which Tracy dun like. I think she must be quite surprise that I responded to her in that tone. Tracy was equally surprise as well. Before I did that, Tracy was very frustrated with her mum but after I shouted at my MIL, she was stunned and asked me to stop. I can see that she doesn't want me to do that, although previously she kept asking me why I never stand by her side. After that, I just stormed off to work.

My main intention is to be a bad guy on one side and make them both stand on the other side. When I came back from work in the evening, they seems to be getting along very well. Not sure whether it is due to what happened in the morning but at least they are ok for now. I dun mind being a bad guy in exchange for their amicable relationship. It's really stressful for me when they quarrel. Let's see whether this can last......

No comments: