Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Sunday, March 4, 2007

OMG, Jerlene poo'ed during bath! - 4 Mar 2007

From the title, you must have guessed what happened. This morning, I bathed Jerlene in her bathtub as usual. She seems to be enjoying the warm spa and I was still commenting that Jerlene's stomach is a bit flat so most likely will not pass motion. And here comes Murphy again! Suddenly, I saw the water near her leg turned brown. I did not realize what happened until abt 5 secs later. Immediately I shouted: " SHIT!!!! Jerlene shit in her bathtub!!!!". I was so shocked that I dunno how to react then. My wife rushed in and she was equally lost. She took out a basin and I quickly lifted Jerlene out from her "shitty" bathtub and put her on the basin. Luckily we have a second baby bathtub where Jerlene got her second warm spa. After we cleaned her up (both spa sessions lasted more than an hour), it's time to clean ourselves up. When I told my mom what happeneda while later, she said that she had taken care of 5-6 babies in the past and no such thing had ever happened. Sigh....why it has to be me.......

At about 10:30am, we brought Jerlene to Suntec to visit the Baby Fair. As we are one of the 1st 2000 visitors, each of us got a goodie bag. After walking one round, we got lots of freebies, but mainly samples. At the last counter, we subscribed to a magazine "Mother and Baby", which also gave us another goodie bag. From the fair, we went to Carrefour to grab some stuff and then to starbucks for Cafe Mocha.

We left Suntec at about 3pm and went to my parent's place. Again everyone is so excited to see Jerlene. We had dinner there before heading home at about 7pm. After the "mishap" this morning, tonight at least we had some achievement. We managed to coax Jerlene to sleep since 9:30pm. She's still sleeping now while I'm typing this. I foresee she'll wake up at about midnight for a feed, then hopefully she can sleep through the night.....wish me luck! :-)

No comments: