Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Sunday, January 25, 2009

23 Jan 2009 - Jerlene not feeling well

Today is the last working day before Chinese New Year. During lunch, I went over to OrangeTree Preschool to get the registration form for Jerlene. While I was talking to the supervisor, my mom called me saying that Jerlene kept vomitting. Whatever Jerlene has eaten was all thrown out and more. I immediately returned to my office and took urgent leave. Tracy was worried too so she also took urgent leave.

When we reached my mom's place, Jerlene was lying on the bed watching Barney. I quickly carried her and feel her to see if she had fever. She seems ok so I gave her some water to drink. After a while, she threw out all the water while I was carrying her. I immediately cleaned her and myself up before bringing her to KKH (again) clinic.

After the doctor examine her, he confirmed it was not due to the fall four days ago. He suspected most likely is stomach flu. So he suggested to do a 2hr test. First, he asked the nurse to apply some medicine into Jerlene's anus. That should help to stop the vomitting but the medicine need one hour to take effect. So we found a place to sit but Jerlene kept wanting to me to carry her. So I asked Tracy to rest while I brought Jerlene to the playground. One hour has passed and we gave Jerlene a small cup of glucose given by the nurse earlier. The doctor said that if after drinking such small amount still vomit, then may have to admit Jerlene for observation. Fortunately after another hour of drinking glucose, Jerlene seems ok and never vomitted. So we went back to the doctor but coincidentally, there was code "blue" at the emergency clinic. Later on, we heard from the doctor that there was a drowning case. He had to attend to that case and we waited for another hour. In total, we spent almost 6 hours in KKH but good thing is, Jerlene was alright.

Jerlene, get well soon so that you can have your favourite birthday cake in two days time!

2 comments:

WaveSurfer said...

Hope Jerlene is getting better now to celebrate her 2nd birthday! And a Happy Ox Year!

WWF said...

Yah.....hope so too. Btw, I wish you and your family a very prosperous Chinese New Year!