Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

23 Oct 2012 - Day 5: Pelican feeding and Kalbarri National Park

We started day 5 of our trip with Pelican Feeding along Kalbarri beach.  This feeding session takes place every morning at about 7:45am.  Other than the pelicans, a group of seagulls were also present waiting to snatch the feeds away.
Before the session ended, we had a chance to hand feed the pelicans.  As Jerlene was too scared to go alone, I accompanied her.  She was given half a fish but she just held it in her hand.  Then out of sudden, the pelican just pecked the feed away from her hand.  Its "aiming" skill was amazing.  Though its beak is so huge, it actually pecked away the feed without touching Jerlene's hand.
After the session, we walked along the beach to see if there are any nice shells.  The water was very calm and clear.
We then checked out from our accommodation and off we went to Kalbarri National Park.  The drive to the first lookout (The Loop) took us more than 30mins because it was a 26km drive on gravel road.  It was very bumpy and I had to be very focused.  The drive was tough but at the end, it was all worth it because the view was amazing.
The next lookout point is called The Natural Window.  This is the one of the main highlights in Kalbarri National Park.
The path to Natural Window is quite dangerous as we had to walked by the edge of a cliff.  As such, Tracy, Jerlene and Javier stayed behind while I went to take some pictures by myself.
 The following picture is the so called Natural Window.
I did not spend too much time here as I did not want to let Tracy and my kids wait for too long.
The next and last lookout point that we went was Hawks Head.  I met a group of teenagers here and after listening to the way they speak, I immediately knew that they were Singaporean.
From Kalbarri, it's another long (4-5hrs) drive to our next destination, Monkey Mia.  However, along the way, there are a number of places of interest, which you will find out in my next post.

No comments: