Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Friday, January 31, 2014

7 Jan 2014 - Jerlene's recess time

For the first 3 days of school, parents are allowed to view their children in the canteen during recess time.  Today, Jerlene bought a plate of chicken rice.  Her buddy was still with her till the end of this week.  Every class has its own designated table.
Initially, I thought she could not finish the food.  But to my surprise, she "emptied" her plate cleanly!
Now off she went to return her empty plate.
On the first day of parent's briefing, the principal said $1.50 should be sufficient for the recess food.  However, one plate of chicken rice above already costs $1.20.  And I heard Jerlene said one packet of Milo costs $0.70.  Probably the principal is encouraging students to bring their own water.  I actually did not know primary school food is costing so much now.  Still remember my time when I only had $0.40 a day, whereby I normally spent $0.20 on a bowl of noodles, $0.10 for a cup of drinks and still got $0.10 to save up everyday.  But of course, that was 30+ years ago......... :-P

No comments: