Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Monday, August 30, 2010

19 Aug 2010 - HFMD is haunting us again

Sigh......I brought Jerlene to childcare this morning only to discover that she got red spot in her mouth, which is a symptom of Hand Foot Mouth Disease (HFMD). I quickly took her to a clinic and doctor confirmed it. There were rashes on her buttock as well. Now I am worried that Javier may have gotten it also since they have been playing together in the past few days, especially last night. To play safe, I decided to leave him at my mom's place. Hopefully he will be ok.

As my helper will be at my parent's place with Javier, I had to take childcare leave to take care of Jerlene, who will be on one week MC. Today, she still behaved normally and appetite is normal. Really hope that this time it will be a mild case again. Sigh.......in less than half a year, she got it a second time. The last time she got it was in Mar 2010 (Read here). I think she got it so often is probably because she still cannot get rid of the habit of sucking thumbs.

Anyway, heard from the news that there is a recent increase in HFMD. Several childcare centres have already been ordered to close for 10 days in order to break the chain. Just hope that Jerlene can quickly recover and Javier does not get it.