Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

5 Jan 2019 - Mastering Scratch 3.0 in hours

This afternoon, I noticed Javier was busy typing in front of his computer desktop.  Based on the way he typed, he did not seem to be playing games.  So I went over and asked what he was doing.  He told me that Scratch just released a new version and he was trying out all the new features.  In the new Scratch 3.0, there are many new features such as
- New Paint Editor and Sound Editor
- Pen, Video Sensing and Music blocks
- New fonts
- New extension: Text to Speech, Translate, Micro:bit
- and more.....
Within few hours, Javier created a few games making use of some of the new features.  It's great to see that he has so much passion in Scratch programming and continue to "upgrade" himself with all the new knowledge.
By the way, I have not been monitoring his progress in Scratch programming and I'm very surprised when I saw that he had already published 85 projects so far.  I tried looking into his projects to see how he coded those games but I'm totally lost.  It's so complicated that I no longer understand his coding.  In fact, some of his projects contain a few hundred scripts!  Being his beta tester, what amazes me is that whenever I found some programming defects, he knows exactly where went wrong and fixed it immediately.

Well done, Javier!  Keep it up!


No comments: