Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, April 11, 2020

11 Apr 2020 - Let's defeat the Coronavirus - A Scratch game created by Javier (aka JJJwong)

Javier had started creating a new Scratch game project about 2 weeks ago.  He finally completed it today and was very eager to share it with me.  It's a game called "Coronavirus ~ A Platformer".  This game is about embarking on an adventure to "Virusity" and defeating the Coronavirus Leader.  I find the game quite educational and suitable for kids to learn about how we can protect ourselves and others against Covid-19.  As such, I've decided to create a video of myself playing the game and at the same time, spread the message to all who watch the video.  As this is my first time recording myself in the video, hopefully I do not look or sound funny.....lol.  Anyway, just focus on the game.  :-)
Below is the video.
If you like the video, feel free to share it with your friends.  And if you would like to try out the game yourself, click HERE to play.  The game is currently not mobile friendly and you need to play it on PC.  Javier told me that the mobile version will be out in another 2-3 weeks time.  So stay tune.

After watching my video above, Javier decided to create his own version.  Following is what he had recorded.
So which videos above do you think is better?  Haha..... :-P

The game itself is fun to me but what I am really impressed are the messages that Javier tried to convey behind it.  A lot of people are currently going through a very difficult time.  Let's do our part to "fight" against Covid-19 and hopefully things can go back to the norm soon.  Remember,
1)  Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer.
2)  Try to avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
3)  When you feel unwell, wear a mask and seek medical attention.
4)  If you are going out to buy food or daily essentials, please wear a mask and practice social distancing.  Avoid close contact (at least one metre) with people.
5)  Last but not the least, and the most important message, #StayHome!

Let's do this together and I'm sure we will get through this in no time.  You can do your part by doing the above and helping to spread the message.  C'mon, #SGUnited!  We can do it!

No comments: