Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

29 Nov 2021 - Third Language "German"

Today, Javier suddenly came to me and said he would like to take up a third language "German" as a subject in his secondary school education.  I was surprised because he mentioned last week that he's not taking it despite being eligible.  Apparently he had some discussion with his friends and somehow that triggered his interest.  He then showed me a website called "Duolingo" where one can learn various languages in a very fun way.  And it's free!
I then asked him why German and not any other languages such as Japanese, French or Spanish.  He said he had tried out the different languages on Duolingo website and found that German seems quite similar to English, thus should be easier to pick up.  He even went on to check the class venue on MOE website and told me that there is a nearby one at Bishan.
Since he's so interested and had already done so much "homework" himself, I'll definitely support it.  Javier, just go for it!  :-)


No comments: