Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Saturday, March 23, 2019

14 Mar 2019 - I-DARE 12 km Hike

To mark the last phase of their primary school experience, the school had organized a 12km Hike for all Primary 6 students.  Jerlene and her classmates took up the challenge today.  They embarked on their journey at about 8am from Rosyth School.  They had a rest stop every 2-3 hours.  At the first rest stop, they did their goal setting. 
After which, they mainly followed the park connectors to reach their final destination at Coney Island.  When I first heard about it, I was like "What??!!?  Walk all the way from Rosyth School to Coney Island???!!!"  I cannot imagine myself doing such a long hike but these kids did it.
They reached Coney Island at about 3pm and it's all worth it.  They had a well deserved break by the sea at Coney Island before returning to school by bus.
Everyone received a "Finisher" medal at the end of this 12km hike.  Well done to Jerlene and all your classmates.  And thanks to the school teachers for organizing such a great challenge and ensuring the kids' safety throughout the hike.

No comments: