Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Friday, April 29, 2022

22 Apr 2022 - Songwriting for Hope 2022 @ Bowen

Over the past few months, Jerlene has participated in a music programme called "Songwriting for Hope @ Bowen", which is organized by Esplanade, in partnership with Diamonds on the Street.  Songwriting for Hope is one of Esplanade’s ongoing community engagement programmes that harnesses the power of songwriting to provide a safe and empathetic outlet for reflection, expression and healing. The programme enables vulnerable youths to express their life stories, emotions, hopes and dreams through songs.
Today marks the end of the programme and the showcase was held at Esplanade Theatre.  With the guidance of her buddy who is a volunteer, Jerlene wrote the following song lyrics, with the song title "Find My Own Light".  Seeing the words, it seems to reflect the same thought within me when I was at her current age.  All I can say is that, Jerlene, I understand how you feel.......

No comments: