Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

15 Apr 2012 - First visit to dentist for Jerlene

Jerlene had been complaining about her toothache for quite a few days.  When I told her that she needs to see a dentist, she kept saying no.  She said she's scared and after a while, she tried to convince me that it's only a little bit pain.  However, I am quite worried because she had been eating a lot of tidbits but does not brush her teeth regularly.  After much encouragement and assurance from me, she finally agreed to visit a dentist today.

As we reached the dentistry, i can sense that she started to get nervous.  I continued to assure her that she will be alright and I will be with her throughout the process. It's finally her turn and we proceeded into the room.  She went up and lied down on the chair as instructed by the dentist. The dentist assistant took a dark glasses for Jerlene to wear as the light was shining on her face.  After the dentist did some checks, he confirmed that there is no cavity and all her teeth are fine.  He suspected the pain could be due to abrasion on the gum probably resulted from eating food that is hard.  He then asked if I would like him to have a proper wash of Jerlene's teeth.  I thought since we were there, it may be a good idea to let Jerlene go through the procedures and get familiarized with it.
To our surprise, the entire process went through very smoothly.  Jerlene had been very "obedient" and stayed very still while the dentist "work" on her teeth.  She's such a brave girl.  Even the dentist was very surprised that it can be so easy.  Very few children of her age can go through the entire procedure without crying or some struggling during their first visit.  I am so proud of her.  Excellent job, Jerlene!!!!!

No comments: