Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Friday, May 30, 2008

19 May 2008 - Jerlene learns to swim


Today is Vesak Day and my sister brought her baby boy Marcus to my place for a swim. This was his first time so initially, he's a bit scared, just like Jerlene's first time. But after a while, he started getting used to the water and seems to enjoy it.
Jerlene on the other hand is pretty "seasoned" in the pool already. The moment I put her down in the pool, she started splashing and splashing. She refused to be put in the float that Marcus was using above. The swim vest that we bought for her recently also does not "function" well. When Jerlene is in the water with the swim vest, somehow it will make her lie flat on the surface of the water.....very funny. I thought Jerlene would be scared in that position, but I was wrong. She totally does not care though I felt a bit uncomfortable for her. She's happy as long as she's in the pool.
Today Jerlene has a bit of achievement in her swim. She knows how to kick her legs in the water and stroke her hands at the same time. These are the basic steps for swimming. I do not recall I have taught her these techniques so I guessed she has picked up these skills by observing others how to swim. GREAT WORK JERLENE AND KEEP IT UP!!!!! :-)

No comments: