Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

16 Nov 2022 - Day 3: (Adelaide) Sealink Ferry from Cape Jervis to Kangaroo Island (Penneshaw)

We reached Cape Jervis slightly before 12:30pm.  After parking my car at the pre-loading lane, we walked to the SeaLink Ferry Terminal to check-in.  Once the staff issued me with 4 passenger boarding passes and 1 vehicle boarding pass, he immediately asked me to get back to my car and get ready to drive it onto the ferry.  A boarding announcement was then made asking all drivers to return to their respective cars and prepare for boarding.  Only drivers were allowed to drive the cars onto the ferry.  All other passengers will board the ferry via the passenger ramp. 
Above was the vehicle deck on the ferry prior to loading.  I was quite excited because this was my first time driving a car onto a ferry.
Under the guidance of ferry crews, all drivers managed to park their cars one after another.  Once I parked and secured my car, I went through a door leading up to the passenger lounge.  At that time, the passengers had yet to board the ferry.
I then went to the upper deck of the ferry and wait for passengers to board via the passenger ramp.
Once all passengers and vehicles were on board, the ramp which I used to drive my car onto the ferry started to close up.
Soon after, the ferry left the jetty and off we went towards Kangaroo Island.
On our way, we saw another SeaLink ferry passing by.  There are currently two SeaLink Kangaroo Island Ferries operating between Cape Jervis and Penneshaw.  The one where we were on today is called the "Spirit of Kangaroo Island (SPOKI)".  It can accommodate up to 240 passengers over two decks, and 50 cars, or 8 semi-trailers and 18 cars.
The journey from Cape Jervis to Penneshaw took about 45 mins.  As the ferry was about to dock at the jetty, an announcement was made asking all drivers to return to their respective cars.  As such, I went back to the vehicle deck and get ready to disembark from the ferry.
After I drove out of the ferry and picked up my family from the ferry terminal, Jerlene and Javier said they had a bit of seasick but bearable.  We took a short break before driving off to embark on our Kangaroo Island Adventure.



Back to Itin        Next

No comments: