Growth Chart for My Little Ones

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

15 Nov 2022 - Day 2: (Adelaide) Littlehampton Twin Tunnels

We were supposed to drive from Mount Lofty Summit to a nearby small town, Hahndorf, but I missed the exit on National Highway M1.  As such, we proceeded on to Mount Barker at the next exit to look for Littlehampton Twin Tunnels.  This is not really a tourist spot, but I read about it during my pre-trip research and found this place Instagram worthy.
The 75-meter-long pedestrian tunnel is actually quite stunning.  Painted by street artist Wendy Dixon-Whiley, this incredible project took over 6 months to complete.  There is actually a nearby rail tunnel, which forms the twin, but we missed it.
As we were about to leave, we came to a train crossing.  I got down of my car, took some photos of the abandoned railway track before moving on to Hahndorf which I missed earlier.



Back to Itin        Next

No comments: